REVIEW – I have lived in NY for more than 30 years, and I am finally very tired of the winter months and of course the cold. Although I won’t be able to move for a while, every year I do my best to take full advantage of the warmer months. One thing I enjoy is relaxing at night on my patio under my awning. Doing this last summer was great, but I was definitely missing a light hanging under the center of the canopy when entertaining family members. (No friends because of the Covid). I’m sure there are many solutions, but this HAOYISHU 24 LED Dual Control Stainless Steel Solar Powered Pendant Light seems like the perfect solution. Let’s see!!
What is that?
The HAOYISHU Double Control 24 LED Stainless Steel Solar Powered Pendant Light can be used indoors or outdoors. It has 3 color modes and 4 brightness modes.
What’s in the box
1 x HAOYISHU Double Control 24-LEDs Solar Powered Stainless Steel Pendant Light
1 x solar panel and mounting hardware
1 remote control
10 x U-shaped wire ties
1 user manual
Design and features
- ENHANCED 3-COLOR TONE AND 4-LEVEL BRIGHTNESS ADJUSTMENT: Our hanging solar light is updated with 3 color temperature modes (warm, warm white, bright white) and 4 level brightness and timer (100%/6h, 75%/8h, 50%/ 12h, 25%/15h changes with ambient light intensity), which meets the needs of different environments and lighting and energy-saving scenarios.
- 24 bright LEDs and high battery capacity: Upgraded bright 24 LED bulb illuminates a dark environment during the day, just click the “Daylight” switch on the remote control. Equipped with a large 4V 3.5W polysilicon solar panel and 4500mAh battery capacity, the pendant lamp provides up to 500 lumens of illumination, with a lighting range of 194-237 feet squares. Enjoy lighting without an electricity bill.
- TWO CONTROL MODES AND LONG WORKING LIFE: This solar light works in two ways: 1). Manually turn on/off by remote control. 2) Dusk to Dawn – Auto On/Off. After 5-6 hours fully charged in sunshine, the solar light sensor light will automatically turn on at dusk and turn off by itself at dawn or the battery is exhausted. Max. 15 hours of autonomy.
- IP65 WATERPROOF AND EASY TO INSTALL: IP65 waterproof and ABS material can withstand rain and all kinds of extreme weather conditions. Hang the solar light wherever light is needed and mount the solar panel on the wall or place it in direct sunlight to get adequate solar power so they can light up.
- Split design, suitable for outdoor and indoor: Solar powered shed light and solar panel are separated, with 5m long waterproof metal cable. So this solar light can be used indoors and outdoors, suitable for garden shed, gazebo, balcony, garage, front door, chicken coop, patio, garden, patio. yard.
The lampshade of this lamp is made of stainless steel and the LED bulb is integrated. On the hanging side, there is a removable clip that makes it easy to hang anywhere. A remote control with installed battery is supplied. The solar panel looks like a standard panel that is usually compatible with a lamp like this.
Installing this light was very easy. I hung it from an existing hook in the center of my awning, then ran the wire through the top of the awning and down the side to a deck rail.
I then connected the base of the solar panel to my decking rail and secured the panel to the base. When attaching the base to the deck, the plastic around one of the screw holes broke. The base is not solid plastic, so be very careful when attaching it.
Here’s a quick video of the colors and lighting modes:
At night, this light not only provides adequate illumination under my awning, but the lighting choices are perfect for creating the mood and ambiance I want. Since it’s made of stainless steel, it should last well outdoors in New York weather.
What I like
- Simple to install
- Long wire between light and solar panel
- Light adjustment options
- Remote control included
- The price
What I would change
- Make the lamp housing a bit sturdier so it won’t come out of its hole so easily, even though it’s removable.
- Make the base of the solar panel that attaches to a sturdy plastic surface so it won’t break easily when screwed to a surface.
This is a nice simple light that is easy to install and can work for multiple use cases. I like the lighting options it offers and the flexibility due to the relatively long cord between the light and the solar panel. I still have to wait to judge its longevity, but I suspect it will last a while. I give him a well done.
Where to buy: Amazon
Source: The sample for this review was provided by HAOYISHU